Friday, July 3, 2020

The hummer and chick #2

The columbines have pretty much stopped blooming and all who I promised seeds to will have them as soon as they ripen a bit more...which means my visiting hummingbird has to go elsewhere for his cocktails.

Here's another of my bad pictures. Little hummer at the top of the Zebrina hollyhocks. This is a garden in progress. I am letting some of the weedy wildflowers, including Zebrina, come back under the living room windows. Added some heirloom tomatoes that I don't really have a home for until I work out a garden plan next year. Old German is a large yellow, and Large Red is not actually all that large, but I bought the original from The Farmers' Museum, and have kept it going for 3 years from seed. Even with the heirlooms, still not as tasty as my old Jersey tomatoes!

And the big news with no photos: chick #2 was born today! Didn't even know except when we picked up mama to move her into the crate for the night. Broken eggshell under her. Hub felt around in the dark until he found the little one. Thank heavens (thank Husband!) it didn't stay out without mama overnight. Mama was very well behaved about the move. Thank you Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment