Monday, January 25, 2010

Talk about balmy!



It is going up to 63° in Jersey today, although it is so windy and rainy that we won't be able to appreciate it. The dogs are stuck in the house, but thankfully still exhausted from their romp in NY. Before we left on Saturday, we made it to the creek to see if the runaway dock was still there...and indeed it was...thanks to Jim and the guys who moved it out of the water to a safe place on higher ground.

As long as I walked ahead of the dogs, making a trail for them to follow me in, they were able to make it through the wet, heavy snow. Lester thought he might investigate the creek, like he always does, but after crashing through the snow and ice a couple of times, I think he figured out that swimming is not the best winter sport.

I sent some photos of my woodstove issue to Herkimer Home and Leisure, where I bought it. They are going to call me back with a solution, I hope. And, if you were able to watch the video in the post below (sometimes it doesn't work) you would have seen the little love note I left for Jim the Builder tacked to the wall. There is a way to fix this, but I am sure I don't know what it is. I just wish I could have figured out that it was a problem before they put up the drywall...sorry Jim!

No comments:

Post a Comment