Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sad Sweetie and more pretty pics



My favorite hen, Red Sweetie, seems down in the dumps today. She let me hold her and pet her for a good 15 minutes, but she didn't manage to reveal her problem. I couldn't find any wounds, but her feathers are out of position, and staying there, on one wing, and on her back end. I am thinking Mr. Roo may have been a bit too rough for my sweet girl (if ya know what I mean) so I separated her by putting her in a crate in the garage. I will probably allow her to rejoin the troops tonight, because I feel bad leaving her by herself in the garage...

These are the latest pretty creek photos. With all the rain this summer, it seems the water will never go back to its normal slow, babbling-brook speed. This is the one spot that appears in many of my photos, and since the hurricane, there are at least 3 little waterfalls that have appeared. Makes a pretty spot even prettier, but I'm wondering if this is the new normal.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos and I do hope Red Sweetie recovers... Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete