Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Between two houses

Just back from another NJ trip this weekend. I am finally starting to feel like I live in Lester's Flat, and that I am only visiting in NJ. The more furniture and personal stuff that I transport up here, the less I feel like it is my home back there.

Since I was taking back most of the office stuff from the studio, I decided to convert it into a bedroom. It took me most of Friday and Saturday to move all the big heavy furniture from room to room, and room to car. I am trying to do a better job of staging the house. Everyone (so far) who has looked at it thinks it is too small, including the ones who viewed it this weekend. I am hoping that if they see 2 large bedrooms and the smaller room as an office, that they will better appreciate it.

It has been a bittersweet withdrawal for me—the sweet part being that I love everything about our new home, and I love living up here. The bitter part is leaving friends and family there, but as I have made new friends and met some other family members up here, I am feeling less displaced.

And I am still a bit bitter about leaving my favorite old house, but my crazy new neighbor next door is making the transition a little easier. Since I was here for the past 2 months, he took it upon himself to reach over my fence and hack down a grapevine that I planted right after we got married. It was part of a wedding gift from my brother. I think he left the 2 pieces of it on the ground just to let me know that he was doing me a favor.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment