Friday, March 18, 2011

Milestones


The CR-V passed the 100k mark last time I was coming back from NJ on the Northeast Extension. (Yes, I was doing 70 mph, don't tell the troopers!) This is the third car I have driven to that point. The last one, the second, was my favorite 1985 Toyota Corolla SR5 which was stolen and stripped when it had 109k on it. But I'm not still bitter, really I'm not!

The other milestone event is the destruction of The Dump. It is not happening quite as quickly as I would have liked, but at least the inside is completely gutted. Dave the Dump Destroyer keeps promising to "come back on Monday" and start taking off the additions, but a few Mondays have passed with no obvious action. The photo was taken in the kitchen part of the trailer, looking all the way to the back bedroom. I thought without all the walls and stuff in there it would look larger, but it actually appears much smaller than when it had walls, furniture and appliances.

The Tax Assessor was out to inspect on March 3. I think enough was done at that point to convince her that we no longer have "multiple residences" on the property. I am curious to see how much difference it will make in our property taxes now that we have removed one of them.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment