Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The big story: the big fridge fits!


And it seems to be working too!

Lowe's Herkimer came through for me with a prompt and pleasant delivery on the new fridge. Free delivery and haul-away of the old disaster, and they claim that they even recycle what they can from it.

My concerns about it fitting in the space were justified. Richie assured me that the width of the opening was 30", exactly the width of the fridge, but the actual fridge was a bit bowed on both sides, and it took some serious pushin' and shovin' to get it in there. I better NEVER have a problem with this new black fridge, because no one is ever going to get it back out of there! At least there is a good bit of space at the top and back for ventilation.

The worst is over. The 2 kitchen dilemmas have been rectified. The fridge is in and working, and the sink is beautiful and draining properly. You can see in the fridge photo that there is still stone dust from the sink settling on everything (you can even still see it in the air where the flash caught it, and it covers the island top even though I wiped it down several times). But this is basically still a construction site, and with another good cleaning when everything is done, I think we'll be good to go.

I love my new kitchen!

Jim says the whole house should be done by the end of this week, but I think it is more likely going to be the end of the month. Maybe even the garage will be done by then.

2 comments:

  1. That soapstone sink is gorgeous! Are your counters also soapstone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, soapstone counters and sink. I love it all! I have even started skipping the cutting board and just cutting on the countertop and there is no damage to the soapstone. Only thing I have noticed is that there are a few chips on the edges of the sink, probably from getting whacked by my cast iron frying pans. Just adds to the character!

      Delete