Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tough not to be there, new head, and HB to the OR Sis!


I think they are finishing up the house either this week or next. I wish these construction guys were computer savvy enough to take some photos and send them to me...

I talked to Richie twice this week. He said the stair treads (second photo) are all installed, but he was still working on the railing (round iron balusters and stained maple handrail and newel post). These are the treads on the living room floor as he was cutting them to fit. Luckily we didn't have a Puppy Head there to run all over them!

The orange Adirondack chair is inside for now, only because we don't have any other furniture up there. Thanks to Bets and Folk for the great Christmas/housewarming gift!

Richie and Jim have also opened up the doorway that should have cut through from the dormer/studio into the big master bedroom closet. It will be really interesting to see how that works out. Second photo is from the inside of the big closet. You can see the celery paint color from the bedroom AND the cork floor. On the right side of the photo, in the back, is where the other doorway will come through. Because of the slant of the roof, a regular door won't work here. Maybe I don't need a door at all? I just need to be able to access this space from the studio, and I think I want to hide a cat box in there.

Changing the header again. I think this one can stay for awhile. I love the flapping Lester ears—they make him look so much younger than his twelve years.

And, last but not least, Happy Birthday to my sis in OR! That's her in pic three looking ever so adorable in pink. And that just might be her big sister stealing her Easter bunny...

No comments:

Post a Comment