Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Septic tank in September

It's hard to tell exactly what's going on up there in NY when I am here in NJ. Wayne the Well Guy called yesterday to say that the wet weather has continued since I left last week, so the builder couldn't get in there to dig down to the service connection, meaning Wayne won't be able to get out there until next Tuesday. He did comment on what a sweet little house we have! Always nice to hear that someone else likes it too.

I was going through some photos and found this one from September when the new septic tank was delivered. Sophie is making sure no one comes by to steal it. For all my friends and family in suburban NJ who are spoiled by municipal septic and water services, this is what real life in the country looks like. That's the top and bottom of the tank before they were buried. It looks so clean and white and perfect, doesn't it? You'll have to figure out on your own what that tank is for and how a septic system actually works. Aside from not fully understanding the process myself, I don't think the description is blog-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment