Thursday, April 8, 2010

Home again, home again, lickety split

We had a great week in the north country where I think the temps did actually reach 80°. Dogs did a lot of running around and playing in the creek, even though the water is still mighty cold. Lester even ventured in for a full swim several times, once trying his best to swim upstream, but the creek won and he had to turn around and come back. Good exercise for the old man with hip dysplasia! He looked like he was in a wave pool. He had his annual check-up yesterday, and passed with flying colors...even Dr. Wolf, our favorite vet, found him amazingly healthy for 12 years old.

The house is still only "almost done", but really very close. I talked to Richie the New Guy, and he said they aren't even out there this week, because Jim the Builder has them finishing up a siding job in Fly Creek. Gary the Farm Table guy is making good progress on the kitchen island. I expect it will be done by the time I come up in a week and a half. And, I also expect that both bathroom sinks will finally be done by then.

I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked, but here's the last few from this trip. If I could just find this foster puppy a home before I come back up! She takes up a lot of my free time...

No comments:

Post a Comment