Sunday, July 31, 2011

Today it's all about food


Friday night I made one of my homemade pizzas with the usual toppings, sauce, mozzarella, red pepper and sausage. For some reason I do not understand, last night's pizza looked like a Mexican hat. It puffed up in the middle and all the toppings melted down to the edge. I guess, in my quest to make an ever thinner crust, I disturbed the delicate balance of the perfect pizza. Still tasted pretty good though, with a nice French malbec.

Then, Saturday morning, one of the girls gave us our third egg, so we had our first "homegrown" egg breakfast. All of their hard work is much appreciated.

Poor Mr. Roo is still stuck at the bottom of the pecking order. He spends the night on the lid of the trashcan that holds their food. They won't allow him up on the roost with them. In the morning, they chase him for no good reason at all. Luckily they spend most of their time outside, so he can have some quiet time in the Chicken Shack eating and drinking in peace.

They'll work it out eventually. Just wait till he gets bigger, girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment