Thursday, August 13, 2009

The invisible second floor

The second floor is framed and ready for plywood, and the excavator was there on Tuesday morning to fill in the hole around the foundation. Jim the Builder promised to take some photos while I was in NJ, but he couldn't find the key to get my camera from The Dump. So no pics of the house until I go back up there tomorrow night to catch up on the progress.

We are expecting some of The Husband's family to visit this weekend through next week, so I will update you with some family photos while the second floor remains invisible. I am working today on trying to print out this photo of my parents leaving their wedding reception to go on their honeymoon in 1954. This is how I choose to remember them both, before age and illnesses took their toll. I am wondering what they would think of my home-building project and our plans to eventually move there. I expect they are following our progress from above, without the need of my blog updates...

(Sorry, Mom, I know you would hate to have a photo of yourself up on the web for all the world to see, but you look so beautiful here!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture!! Mommy and Daddy would approve as long as they thought it made you happy. It indeed is making you happy to do this so they are happy for you.
    Have fun. We will miss you.

    ReplyDelete