Saturday, September 19, 2009

Big black holes for windows

No problem driving home this time, just a problem with being stupid and forgetting to load my work files on the flash drive...DUH! I was going to drive back up on Monday to retrieve all of my hard work, but decided it would take more time to drive there than to just redo it all. That, and they needed it done by Monday anyway.

So the roof on the house is shingled, vented and trimmed. I thought the windows were ordered in August, but there has been some confusion, and even a mistake on the August order, so it is just as well it didn't go through. Now I am waiting to hear back from Jim the Builder that he did get the e-mail from the architect back in August changing the rough openings on 2 of the bedroom windows. If they were framed in the wrong size, there will be some angry workers out there! It is difficult to keep the communication lines open between builder and architect...and I don't want to be responsible for relaying all the information, exactly for this reason. Then they both have someone to blame (me!) if something goes wrong.

I am making progress on flooring, bathrooms and kitchen. I need to make a date with Wayne the Well Guy to make sure the well connection gets done soon. I need to also meet with the Farm Table Guy to see if he will create the whole island, or just the top, and I need to pick out an oven so that the cabinet layout can be completed. That ought to keep me out of trouble for awhile.

Note to self: ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR FILES BEFORE TRAVELING!

No comments:

Post a Comment