Thursday, September 10, 2009

The new blue-plate special

The rain held off, so I had some more chicken on the grill, with corn from The Husband's little corn field (oh, I mean your really big corn field, honey!). Considering the corn has been totally neglected, and just barely spared by the bulldozers, it was excellent, and very sweet...just like The Husband!

They finished the roof shingles today, and added the ridge vent. There is some hold-up on the window order which I will try to resolve tomorrow. I am going to order some of the plumbing fixtures for the downstairs bath, even if we don't really have the money, just because I got a good deal on some showroom samples (thanks, Kelly). Also, the electric was finally connected, and I need to talk to Wayne the Well Guy about whether we can keep the well hooked up here at The Dump until the very end when we can "move in" to our almost-finished new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment